Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Rust is Peeling

The layers of dust are caked thickly on my abilities as a drummer.  But today I am shattering those layers.  And the bones in my fingers and wrists...I'm kidding of course.  I'm taking a short break right now. 

I've Been playing for 2 hours straight.  If you know me, then you know that means I have blistered my hands and popped those already.  Although I have been paying close attention to my left hand, I still seemed to have slammed my leg a few dozen times.  It's probably bruised already. in reality I've become a hot mess of a musician.  This sucks, so I'm definitely making it a point to push myself very hard.

I'm not nearly as tired as I usually am after this long, which is good considering I haven't done a show in..........I can't remember.  Shit, maybe a year.  I'm supposed to go out for some drinks with the lady Bones, and some friends.  I bet I'll be awesomely tired.  And sore as fuck tomorrow.  LOL  can't wait.  that's what i get for being so lazy this year.  2010 will be a new leaf turned to say the least.

This is a crash course in "get your game back".

Level Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment