Got my ticket in the mail today. I'm extremely relieved. I feel like celebrating with some whiskey. But I just got another production client and I should get started on that. It's a pretty tall order.
I'm actually going to get into LA before Luke does. He's down under for the holidays with his fam. So I'll be hanging with the Wagler brothers from Maryz Eyez. Haven't seen them since June so this should be fun. I just realized the other day that they were on the same WGRD Compilation that Luke and I had our first track "Got a Reason" on. Kind of funny but a bar in the West side of Grand Rapids called "Sazerac" actually has it in their jukebox. So every other time I'm in there, someone finds it hilarious to give it a spin.
I'm anxious to meet everyone in LA. The new Bassist , the engineer Danny Cocke, the producer Waymon Boone. Everything is going to move very quickly after the studio is over with. We have too much already planned, and the catalyst for those plans is a professional product.
It seems like we've always done things in the wrong order. We had a slew of connections long before we had songs. I think everything is coming to a head. Finally after 4 or 5 years.
Man it feels good to be playing drums again. I went through a period of time where I had convinced myself I wasn't good enough to be a drummer in a band. After 3 rehearsals I feel like I'm on top of my game more than I ever was. It just keeps getting more comfortable for me. I realized that I'm just not a loud player, and I can't compensate for that. That's why I've been hurting myself so much for so long. I basically had to re learn how to play at medium volume so that I could control everything perfectly.
that's all for now I guess.
Johnny Workhorse over and out.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment