The path I choose, and the view from my shoes. My musical memoirs in real-time.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Day 1 : Drums
We sattled up today and headed out to the studio so I can track drums. Thankfully my finger wasnt broken but I could barely bend it and it turned bright red and purple. I put in a solid 12 hour day and got through everything without any pain. For some reason Hang Ten was REALLY fucking with me though and took me the longest to do. The co-producer and engineer Danny Cocke, is the business. The guy is awesome and helped with structuring these tunes a hell of a lot better. I was reluctant at first to hear that someone was going to take the reigns a bit, but after getting to know Danny a bit I trust him 100%. The dude has worked with some amazing people and I have no doubt in my mind that in the future he is going to be a huge producer in the industry. No question. My drums sound great as well. Just huge and full of life. I'm at the height of my ability which is awesome but weird because I know I can get exponentially better from here.
I didnt even have to use my AK
Today was a good day
No comments:
Post a Comment